The Elms Blog
Keeping up to date on our campus and in our community.
Call (401) 596-4630 Today
The Elms Blog The Elms is taking part in the Westerly Land Trust’s Community Garden project. We have sponsored a beautiful Westerly-sourced carved granite bench, and soon visitors will be able to sit and enjoy the soon-to-be thriving Community...
The Elms Blog Come and see what 'Boutique Senior Living' is all about! There's always a lot happening at The Elms. If you or a loved one is interested in learning more about life at The Elms, we strongly encourage you to schedule a visit with...
The Elms Blog According to a recent study, 52% of people turning age 65 will require some form of long-term care services in their lifetimes. This dry statistic makes it seem like the older you get, the more inevitable it becomes that you will require a dedicated care...
The Elms Blog “A good laugh is sunshine in the house.”- William ThackerayLong known to have stress relieving benefits, research over the last 30 years has shown that serious positive benefits may be achieved when people engage in “Laughter Therapy” over extended...
Focus on the many positive aspects of assisted living when talking with your loved one.
Valentine festivites at the Elms PLUS our big list of favorite romantic movies (91 titles from the 1930s to today)!
The Elms’ Blog Favorites
- The Little Things Matter: Health & Financial Benefits of Living at The Elms
- When to Make the Move to Assisted Living
- Harmony Trail Sponsorship & Event
- The Westerly Land Trust Community Garden Dedication & Scenic Rides
- Congratulations to Our Staff
- A Good Chuckle May Soothe Stress & Relieve Tension
- The Elms Helps Fight Coastal Flooding
- Music’s Powerful Effect in All Stages of Memory Care
- Exercise as a Memory-Protector
- The Elms Season of Giving
Providing Safe, Comfortable, and Empowered Lifestyles
Enjoy the charm of Victorian architecture, spacious and relaxing community rooms and outdoor spaces, a vibrant and historic downtown and local community, and award-winning care that is always close at hand.