The Elms Blog
10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease
Learn to Detect the Early Signs to Make Planning Easier
- Memory Loss Disrupts Life
One of the most common signs of Alzheimer’s is memory loss. Asking for the same information over and over and relying on memory aids like keeping constant notes are a common signs of Alzheimer’s.
- Challenges in Planning or Solving Problems
They often have trouble following a familiar recipe or keeping track of monthly bills.
- Difficulty Completing Familiar Tasks at Home at Work or at Leisure
They will have trouble driving to a familiar location or remembering the rules to a familiar game.
- Confusion with Time or Place
They may forget where they are or how they got there.
- Trouble Understanding Visual Images
They may pass a mirror and think someone else is in the room or they may not realize that it’s them in the mirror.
- Problems with Words in Speaking or Writing
They may have trouble following a conversation as well as finding the right word.
- Misplacing Things
They may put things in unusual places and they may accuse others of stealing.
- Decreased or Poor Judgment
May use bad judgment when dealing with money and they may pay less attention to grooming.
- Withdrawal from Work or Social Activities
They may remove themselves from social activities or projects.
- Changes in Mood and Personality
They may become fearful, suspicious, depressed or confused. They may become easily upset in places where they are out of their comfort zone.
Providing Safe, Comfortable, and Empowered Lifestyles
Enjoy the charm of Victorian architecture, spacious and relaxing community rooms and outdoor spaces, a vibrant and historic downtown and local community, and award-winning care that is always close at hand.